Wordcon 2018 – Freelancer’s International Conference
Category : Uncategorized
“Wordcon 2018”, 3rd International Conference by Freelance Foundation took place last Friday (9th February, 2018) at the Park, Kolkata.
In these three years, the journey was not only exciting, but also evolved lot many opportunities, ideas and off course synergies across the globe. Freelance Foundation core philosophy revolves around harmony and collaboration. The activities were focussed towards handshaking between freelancers across the borders. Apart from two major conferences, it has taken many interesting and innovative steps like EPIC (entrepreneur’s picnic), Global Exchange Program at United Kingdom (Oxford, London, Birmingham and Glasgow), Outbound Programs (Hyderabad, Silk Route, Orissa, Silchar, Siatale, Dhaka), Musicals (Hammer and Violin / Spring – Summer) , Cricket Match (Fructus et Virtus) and many others.
The key dimensions for Freelance Foundation and Wordcon are as follows:
- Uniqueness and Diversity of Audience: Wordcon is Eastern India’s only and perhaps the country’s only Platform of Freelancers. Since freelancers are everywhere in the economy, the audience is diverse and layered.
- Solving the fundamental business problem: Every business would like to configure the right talent, the right price and the right timing to deliver value to the client. HR’s greatest problem is achieving this configuration consistently. Freelancing answers this problem, especially for smaller organizations and by building relationship with freelancers, you have local talents whom you may not get through the employee route and the additional advantage of cost flexibility and overhead reduction.
- International Access: Our international sponsors are looking for Indian partners for access to Indian markets in segments. Wordcon is increasingly becoming a credible platform and it is wise to be associated with such a platform at an early stage.
In line with the same flow, this years’s conference was designed. The theme for this year’s conference was “Freelancing – a unique way to earn income, leisure and fame”.
Eminent personalities like Mr.Bruce Bucknell (British Dy.High Commissioner), Dr.Parthasarathi Bhattacharyya (Renowned Pulmonologist and Founder-Director IPCS), Swami Sarvalokananda Maharj (Secretary, Narendrapur Mission), Mr.Jawhar Sircar (ex-CEO, Prasar-Bharati ), Mr. Nirupam Sen (Regional Head, BSI), Mr.Gaurav Purkayastha (Advocate, Calcutta High Court), Mr. Mohammad Zahinul Islam (Managing Director, Inter Exchange Solutions Ltd, Bangladesh), Mr. Kashinath Bhattacharyya (Sports Journalist), Mr.Gobinda Roy(Research Scientist, VGSOM, IIT-Kharagpur), Mr. Subhasish Chatterjee (CEO, Connect India), Mr.Sanjay Sen (Renowned Football Coach), Mr. Saurabh Mukherjee (A certified Master Practitioner and International NLP Trainer with NFNLP, A certified Practitioner of Transactional Analysis), he is also a certified Past Life Regression Therapist) Mr. Goutam Choudhury(Founder of salilda.com and Music Researcher and Archivist, Rotterdam, Netherlands), Mr.Jigar Kantharia (Translator from Ahmedabad), Mr.Abu Sayed Ahmed (CA from Bangladesh), Mr.Joyshankar (Surma-Dohar Musical Group), Dr.Devasis Ghosh (Mental Health Professional and Holistic Healing Researcher) and other dignitaries had graced the occasion with their deep insight.
The Agenda, Speakers, Panels, Topics were designed in a fashion so that diversified domain experts starting from music, sports, accounts, healthcare, translation, Media etc. could open up areas of engagement for the audience.
Overall 120+ attendees, 30+speakers, 20+ Press People, 10+ Sponsors joined the program to make it a grand success. Great networking, sumptuous foods, Awards for Recognition, Music were few additional areas of attraction.
Pease kachuri, Peas and Corn Pulao, Chana Dal with Coconut, Dhokar Dalna, Matar Paneer, Grilled Fish with Lemon Capers, Chicken Rezala, Mixed Raita, Chanar Payesh, Gajar Ka Halwa were few gracious items in the lunch menu.
The event witnessed the launch of three books:
- Bootstrapping Market Innovation – a book by two freelancers as how to build an effective and reality-tested marketing plan with virtually no financial cost.
- Freespace – Freelancer’s Journal – 3rd Edition
- অবকাশ সমগ্র (Collected works of Leisure) by Dr. Abakash Ranjan Kar
Wordcon will continue conducting small – local and hyper-local events with freelancers, followed by cultural, musical and literary showcasing.
The spirit of “Wordcon” is briefed through the small assemble of limericks:
ভাল্লাগে না বদ্ধ জীবন, রোজের চাকরী খাতায়,
মুক্ত স্বাধীন ভাবনাগুলো চড়কি কাটে মাথায়,
সম্মেলনের আসর ঘিরে,
পার্ক হোটেলে জমাট ভীড়ে,
ওয়ার্ড কনের মঞ্চে সকল ফ্রিল্যান্স সন্ধি পাতায় |
Last but not the least, Wordcon and Infocon both feel that there is an increasing conflict in our life and livelihood and we are missing quality leisure and healthy social mixing.
Stay tuned thorough our website (www.wordcon.in). Three cheers for “Wordcon”.